人,越懂知足,越有福气。
The more contented people are, the more blessed they are.
知足,才能够常乐。
Only contentment can lead to happiness.
人心不足蛇吞象,人的欲望如果控制不住,给我们往往会带来灾难性的后果。
If we can’t control our desire, it will often bring us disastrous consequences.
人不知足,赚到再多钱,一生也不过是劳碌命。
People are not satisfied. No matter how much money they earn, their life is nothing but toil.
甚至到了生命的最后一刻,都没有机会享受到自己努力的成果,一直被自己的欲望所支配着。
Even at the last moment of life, I have no chance to enjoy the fruits of my own efforts and have been dominated by my own desires.
当然,知足并不是什么都不做。
Of course, contentment is not doing nothing.
而是劳逸结合,能够偶尔暂停下步伐,能够好好的享受下当下的美好。
It is a combination of work and rest, which can pause occasionally and enjoy the beauty of the moment.
只去争取能够争取的。
Only strive for what you can.
而在自己能力范围外的,则能够控制自己的欲望,不去做无用功。
Those who are beyond their abilities can control their desires and do not do useless work.
不去盲目攀比。
Don’t compare blindly.
只要自己已经尽力了,就足够了。
As long as you have done your best, it is enough.
人知足,才能够看到自己获得的成果,也懂得珍惜眼前的美好的人和事。
Only when people are satisfied can they see the achievements they have made and know how to cherish the beautiful people and things in front of them.
而不懂知足,则往往一直在盲目追求的路上。
If you don’t know enough, you are always on the way of blind pursuit.
不懂知足的人生,往往也是活得非常的累,根本寻找不到一丝丝的快乐时光。
Life without contentment is often very tiring, and we can’t find any happy time at all.